Shiatsu massage is the most well-known and widely used massage in Japan and other parts of the world. It is based on the meridian system handed down from ancient Chinese healing arts and ancient Japanese teachings. In short, meridians are the conduits or channels of energy that allow Gi and blood to continuously flow throughout the body.Any disruption to this flow of energy creates an imbalance in the body, causing energy to become depleted (Kyoto) or overactive (Jitsu) and causing symptoms of illness. There are twelve main meridians that are directly related to the vital functions. internal organs: kidneys, liver, spleen, heart, lungs, pericardium, bladder, gallbladder, stomach, small and large intestine as well as the body’s temperature regulation system. Yin (negative) meridians flow up while Yang (positive) meridians flow down.
Also known as acupressure and very similar to acupuncture in that it uses the same points, Shiatsu massage is a technique in which the masseur uses the thumbs to apply pressure, tapping, pressing, stretching and rubbing on the client’s body. , fingers, palms, ankles, elbows, knees and feet (no needles like in acupuncture) along the meridians to clear the passageways for optimal Gi flow. As a “tactile communication” and effective preventive oriental medicine, the primary and primary goal of Shiatsu massage is to refine and perfect the body’s natural functions before health problems arise and not after. The human body is viewed in Shiatsu philosophy as a miniature microcosmic universe within the entire universe, and both are dominated. through the five elements (metal, wood, water, fire, earth) and yin and yang.In a healthy state of mind and body, no element dominates over any other element and that must be striven for.
Shiatsu massage is performed with the client wearing loose clothing made from natural fibers and lying on a mat. As the treatment deeply affects the whole being, the physiological, psychological and spiritual, a variety of reactive emotions can arise. to the surface and the client may experience episodes of crying, laughing, shouts of joy, or mere silence. These are all positive signs that the body is changing old energy patterns.
As expected, the benefits of Shiatsu massage are many, but the most well known are the following:
- Calms nervousness and reduces mental anxiety and depression.
- Improved blood circulation and thus the flow of Gi and fresh oxygen.
- Lowering high blood pressure and reducing stress.
- Relaxation of the deep muscles and other soft tissues (tendons, ligaments, joints, connective tissue and skin).
- Alleviate symptomatic pain (headaches, back pain, stiff or overstretched muscles and leg cramps) due to stress, overuse, menopause, constipation, etc.
- Improve respiratory and digestive systems.
- Relieves symptoms of arthritis,
- Release and cleanse metabolic waste and toxins.
- Strengthening the body’s immune system to prevent disease.
- Increased flexibility and freedom of movement.
- Sensitization and mental and spiritual clarity.
- Promote an overall feeling of energy, vitality, rejuvenation and well-being. Get a shiatsu massage and thrive.