If you’re not trying to sell back-end products to your customers, you’re making a big mistake. It’s easier to sell to existing customers than to new ones who don’t trust your business yet.
Here are ten great strategies you can use to sell your backend products to your existing customers:
- When you send people the first product they bought, put a flyer or brochure on your backend -Product in the package.
- Offer customers a free subscription to a customer-only ezine if they buy your product. You can place your ad for your backend product in any issue.
3Send your customers holiday or birthday greeting cards. Insert a small ad for your backend product into the map.
- After people order their first product from your website, take them to a “thank you” webpage and paste your backend product ad on that page.
- Send customers a surprise gift after they order their first product. You can attach another ad with the giveaway for your backend product.
6If you’re selling an e-product like an e-book, place your ad for your back-end product somewhere within the e-product.
- Offer your customers free membership to your private “customers-only” site. You can place your ad for your backend product anywhere on the private website.
- Call your customers and ask them if they are happy with their purchase. You could tell them about your backend product.
9Send your customers a thank you note by post or email. You can mention your backend product anywhere in the letter.
- Ask your customers if they would like to be informed about new product offerings in the future. You can let them subscribe to receive email or post updates.
Your business has a better chance of surviving trying to sell backend products to your existing customers.